Thursday, December 25, 2008

Our Christmas

"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!" Luke 2:14

Well, we started our celebrations last night at my FIL's house. This was after I made a last minute trip to Costco for some gifts and then spent the rest of the afternoon finishing grandparent gifts and wrapping them. Actually, the girls started the day out by waking us up around 7:30 a.m. to do their annual play for us. They did a fantastic job this year as Eldest wrote the script and they acted out a news broadcast about the birth of Christ. I don't have any pictures though because I could barely keep my eyes open from a combination of staying up late and taking Nyquil due to my cold. They let me go back to sleep until 9.

I gave the girls pajamas before supper because I didn't want to have pink and purple pajamas in my Christmas pictures again this year. Plus they could use the new pjs so that is the excuse I am sticking by. Hubby gave me a gift early so I could use it that evening. It was an external flash for my camera, however, it never worked on my camera. After researching it on the internet, it appears that it doesn't work with my brand even though Best Buy keeps telling people it will. We were disappointed but he is going to take it back and we are going to look for another one. He also got me a device to play my ipod in the car through the radio. That will be very handy.

The girls received handmade pajamas and slippers from their grandma and Pop-pop along with a group gift of card games. We received a neat family gift from DH's sister of 3 interactive DVD games - Press Your Luck, Let's Make a Deal and Family Feud. We had a great time trying them out today.
We stayed and visited for a few hours and then headed home because we needed to put together Puddin's gift still. After we got everyone in bed, though, we discovered a problem. Hubby didn't have all the parts to put together the kitchen we had bought!! It seemed there was suppose to be 2 boxes and we only received 1. This was almost midnight on Christmas Eve but I decided to try and reach Amazon anyway. We got through right away and hubby got things straightened out after 15 or 20 minutes. We were, however, left without a big gift for Puddin! Any of the other girls and we could have just explained but not a 3 year old! Mike headed to Walmart but they were closed already so then he tried Walgreens. They were thankfully open and he found a stroller/doll combo. We finished getting stuff set out and then headed to bed.
This morning came too early but since Puddin had already wandered out of her room, we decided to get things going. We did our tradition of singing Happy Birthday to Jesus and prayed before going out to the tree. The girls were thrilled with what they found there - Eldest got a digital camera, Longlegged girl got a sewing machine, the twins found Littlest Pet Shop and of course, Puddin had her doll stroller. They then opened the 1 other gift we got them - camera case, pajama pattern, pierced earrings and the promise of getting their ears pierced for the twins and pots/pans for Puddin which were suppose to go with the kitchen. She enjoyed playing with them anyway. I got Dh some toys from Think Geek which he was excited about. He loved the helicopter!

My mom and brother came over a few hours later and we enjoyed playing some games and then having dinner after my other brother arrived with his family. DH and my brother played Indiana Jones on the Wii for a few hours and then we went for a drive to find Christmas lights. We are now home relaxing and thankful for a great day! I pray everyone else had as wonderful a day!!

4 comments:

Letitia said...

Sounds like a busy and fun couple of days. Everyone looks like they loved their gifts. We had a great one here, too.

Breezy Point Mom said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I loved viewing your Christmas photos. Happy New Year! Have a blessed 2009! from Violin Mom in FLA.

Jackie in AR said...

Looks like a wonderful family celebration!

Happy New Year to all of you.

Pam said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful day June!! Merry Christmas to all of you as well, and Happy New Year! And you've gotta love 24 hour Walgreens!