"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (ESV)
But today we take specific time to focus on the things we are thankful for and when we stop and think about it, we have much to be thankful for.
Below is just a partial list of the things I am thankful for:
- A loving Heavenly Father who cares about every part of me, even in my sin.
- A loving husband who cares for me in spite of my sin
- 5 beautiful girls who I can train and raise up in the admonition of the Lord
- Extended family to enjoy and spend time with
- A church that strives to handle all things according to the Scriptures
- A home that keeps us warm and dry
- A job for my husband that allows all our needs to be met and many of our wants also
- Safety for my husband as he drives back and forth every day to that job
- Vehicles that run
- Good health and modern medicine to help when things need to be taken care of
- Flowers and plants that add beauty around us and the opportunity to grow them
- Music to praise and worship the Lord through
- Way more than I could ever list here!
I pray your Thanksgiving day finds you drawing closer to the One who deserves all praise and glory! Enjoy your turkey!!