Sunday, October 27, 2013

Fall Fun

 So cooler weather has finally come, well at least what we Floridians call cooler.  At least the heat index isn't over 90!  Anyway, I went into my dining room the other day and couldn't find my table.

I did find the following note so I took a peek in...

  
 Definitely good and roomy.  I was going to crawl in and take a nap but some mini crisis or such took my attention and time so the opportunity passed.

With the cooler weather, G is going outside and playing more (thank you, Lord!)  She has a bow and arrow that she enjoys shooting along with chasing the chickens and pretending she is driving the tractor.  Give that just a few more years and you probably will find her driving it!



Last Friday, we took a field trip to a local crop maze.  No, I didn't spell that wrong.  You see, down here in Florida, corn doesn't grow the best (Ask me how I know that) so many places grow sorghum grass which looks similar to corn and use that for mazes. 

Amazing Grace Crop Maze is fairly close to our house which is a bonus and is new this year so we wanted to give them a try.  It was homeschool day so there were quite a few other homeschool families there. 


We met up with a old (as in years ago) friend who began homeschooling her youngest last year and added her other daughter this year.  Her son joined us that day as public school was also out.
 
 

We had a blast going through the crop maze, playing on a great playground complete with tractors to climb on, duck races with old water pumps along with swings, listening to a story and some history of farming and going on a hay ride.  I wasn't feeling the best that day but I managed to make it through.  G went home with her friends for the rest of the day and I went back to the house to sleep and lay around on the couch.  That is what I call a great friend!




 


No comments: