Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day

Do you know the history of Labor day?  I have to admit I didn't have a clue but a post on Facebook got me curious.  History.com has an article about the day.  What I like is it celebrates the American worker and my husband is definitely a hard worker.  I am glad he got to enjoy a day of relaxation with his family!

We started the morning with yummy homemade doughnuts.  I had been wanting to try baking doughnuts but not willing to pay the price for the pans.  When I was in a Ross the other day and found the pans marked down to $6.99, I decided it was finally time for me to buy them!  They worked great and the doughnuts had a great flavor.  I found the recipe through Pinterest which led me to here.
After breakfast, hubby and I worked outside. He used his tractor to try and dig some trenches to help with our flood problem and I cleaned out in the chicken coops. We then relaxed while waiting for some friends who were visiting from out of town to come by. Hubby and I then took a grocery shopping trip together which made it extra enjoyable for me. After dinner, it was time to work on getting ready for a busy week with debate and speech on Tuesday and then the first day of science co-op for Puddin on Thursday.

I hope your day celebrating American workers was as relaxing and enjoyable!

No comments: