Wednesday, August 13, 2008

9/11 - I remember

This is a repost of one of my favorite entries from my other blog. It was originally posted 9/11/06

***************************************************************************************************************
I remember all too well that morning 5 years ago. I remember starting our morning in the same routine unaware of any tragedy taking place. I remember DH calling to ask if I had the TV on. I remember turning it on and seeing a helicopter over the Pentagon wondering why they were showing that instead of the World Tower as Dh had mentioned. I remember seeing for the first time a plane flying into the tower. I remember crying out to DH on the phone "What is going on?" I remember turning off the TV and sitting down to explain and pray with my children, tears flowing freely. I remember trying to go about a normal morning trying not to check the computer or TV too often. I remember DH coming home early, taking down the Autumn flag I had hung up outside and immediately putting up the American flag. I remember the tears, the prayers, the horror, the questions and even the fear. I remember saying a prayer for weeks every time I saw a plane in the sky. I remember crying a few days later, watching a telecast of Marines heading over to Afghanistan, knowing my brother was in that group heading towards a war.
But most of all, I remember leaning on our Lord who knew about and was in control of it all and resting in that knowledge! I remember and will never forget!!

I pray for those whose grief is deeper than mine due to the loss of a loved one on that tragic day. May the Lord of all comfort you!

No comments: