Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Memories

This is a repost of one of my favorite entries from my other blog. It was originally posted 12/7/05

***********************************************************************************************************************************
I have lived in the same area all of my life. Ok, technically, I lived most of the first year or so in South Florida but I have no remembrance of it. I now live about 15 miles from where I grew up. I make it back to that area occasionally like I did yesterday. I will drive down a street and floods of memories come back. Where people lived, activities I did, stores I shopped in but are no longer there, the church I grew up a part of. Some are sad memories but most are good.

As nice as it is to remember those things, God wants us to remember Him and His works. I pray my mind might be focused on Him throughout this season and every day so I might be continuously thanking Him for all His goodness!


I will remember the deeds of the LORD; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. Psalm 77:11

Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced Psalm 105:5

No comments: