Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Tribute to Army Sgt. Jonathan N. Hartman



Army Sgt. Jonathan N. Hartman, 27, of Orange Park, Florida was killed April 17, 2004 when his convoy was attacked near Diwaniyah, Iraq. He was assigned to 2nd Battalion, 37th Armored Regiment, 1st Armored Division, Friedburg, Germany.
He was a native of Portsmouth, Va. where he attended high school. He had lived in Florida since 1996 and enlisted in the Army in 1999. He served as a crewman on an M-1 tank. His mother remembered him as being excited that he had just been extended 90 days to continue fighting for the freedom of the Iraqi people.

As an American citizen I thank you, Jonathan N. Hartman, for your courage and your sacrifice. I thank your family for all they have given for the cause of freedom. I will remember you, and I will teach my children to remember you. We are forever in your debt.


The above information was taken from Honor the Fallen

No comments: