Saturday, August 9, 2008

Recent Visitors

I am a nature lover and watching birds is one of my favorite things to do. Hummingbirds amaze me with their quickness and beauty. We finally have had some visiting our yard this year. They were emptying this little feeder just about every day so I have added a bigger one. They seem to like it even more because more than one can feed at a time and it has a perch for them to rest on. I was amazed to see one sit in our oak tree for a few minutes the other morning. I had been under the impression that they were always in movement and I guess my little visitors showed me how erroneous my belief was.



We also have many cardinals that visit our feeder. I was able to catch a few good pictures of them also. I love sitting on my patio to listen to and watch these beautiful creatures that the Lord has made.



Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Matthew 6:26 ESV

1 comment:

Breezy Point Mom said...

I love these birdie pictures! You have gotten some excellent close up ones. We discovered the same thing about hummingbirds this summer, too. One actually lighted on a branch for a couple of seconds at a time, and we thought they never rested either. What is your secret? We have had the worst luck with bird feeders this summer. Our bird feeder is attracting nothing right now..