Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Feminist Insult

This is a repost of one of my favorite entries from my other blog. It was originally posted 3/1/06
*****************************************************************************************************************

Wow, I have been insulted this morning. In reading this article that I found linked at Cappucinomom's, I was told that I am not educated or competent because "
an educated, competent adult's place is in the office," I have undermined the status of all women, my work is not interesting (she hasn't spent a day around here let alone a few hours!), I can't be fulfilled at my work if I am an educated, complicated person, and that I have chosen a status lower than I should because I am doing work of the lowest caste by "vigilantly watching their babies for signs of excretion 24-7" In other words, I am not really living because "the office and the professional workplace are the arenas where real life is lived and important work is done."

I am glad I am secure in what I am doing or I would be really offended. I am doing what the Lord has called all women to do from Creation - be a helpmeet to my husband and caregiver to my children. I can't imagine a higher calling than doing what my Lord and King has told me to do. I feel sorry for the lady in the article. She is missing out on true happiness and joy!

No comments: